- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60ml ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and chopped
- 750 g spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 120 ml single cream
- 200 g firm paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan set over a medium heat. Toss in the cumin seeds and chilli flakes then swirl them around in the oil for about 30 seconds.
2. Turn down the heat to low, add the garlic and ginger, and continue to cook for another few seconds. Tip the spinach into the pan, sprinkle in the garam masala, and stir to combine. Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until the leaves have cooked down and become really soft. Leave to cool.
3. Tip the leaves, along with any juices from the pan, into a food processor and blend until smooth (you could also finely chop the leaves). Return the pureed spinach to the pan, reheat, then pour in the cream. Just before serving, add the cubed paneer and warm through.
Recipe from Curry Lover's Cookbook
Rate This Recipe