- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- coarse sea salt
- 350g block of paneer, chopped into bite size pieces (or substitute Greek halloumi cheese but don't add any extra salt)
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved lengthways
- 1 lime, sliced
- rocket, r lollo rosso leaves
- ten second yogurt and mint chutney
1. In a shallow dish, sprinkle the garam masala, cumin seeds, red chilli flakes, turmeric, dried fenugreek and a good grind of coarse sea salt.
2. Roll the paneer cubes in the mixture until they are coated. The moist texture will ensure that the spices stick to it.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic until lightly sizzling. Immediately add the paneer and fry until golden.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Discard the oil and garlic.
5. Serve on a bed of lollo rosso or rocket leaves with a twist of lime and serve with the Ten Second Yoghurt and Mint Chutney.
Rate This Recipe