- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g paneer, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 250 ml passata
- 1 cm piece ginger, finely sliced
Tips and Suggestions
For a sumptuous starter platter, serve alongside Sanjay Dwivedi's recipe for spicy stir-fried vegetables and Indian tempered lentils.
1. Gently fry the paneer in a hot pan with the turmeric and cumin seeds, for 2-3 minutes until the paneer is golden-brown on both sides. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion, peppers, chilli and coriander seeds and lightly fry until the mixture has browned.
3. Stir in the passata, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the onions and peppers are tender.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the paneer. Pour into a serving bowl and serve.
Rate This Recipe