- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 slices of panettone, cut into eight 7.5cm rounds with a pastry cutter
For the syrup:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 80 ml lukewarm water
- 120 ml campari
For the cream:
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 shots of campari, using the top of the bottle as a measurement
- 2 egg whites
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe contains raw egg. Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. First make the syrup by dissolving the sugar in the lukewarm water, then stir in the Campari.
2. Dip each panettone round in the syrup and set aside.
3. Meanwhile make the cream by mixing together the ricotta, icing sugar and campari in a bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy and fold them into the Campari mixture.
4. Place a little cream mixture on a panettone round and sandwich together with another round. Press lightly with your fingers, then drizzle with some more syrup. Place a dollop of cream mixture on top and dust with icing sugar.
5. Repeat the process making 4 portions in all. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe