- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- knob of butter
- handful of plain flour
- 7 egg yolks
- 100 ml limoncello liqueur
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 500 ml milk
- 750 g panettone, cut into 2.5cm thick slices to fit a 20cm cake tin
- icing sugar, for dusting
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- 3 tbsp limoncello liqueur
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Grease a 20cm cake the tin with the knob of butter and dust with plain flour shaking off any excess. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks, limoncello, sugar and milk until well-blended.
3. Place a layer of panettone slices on the bottom of the tin, then pour in about half the egg yolk mixture, followed by more panettone and then top with the rest of the egg yolk mixture.
4. Bake for half an hour. Meanwhile, whisk together the mascarpone, lemon zest and limoncello.
5. Remove from the oven, and turn out upside down onto a serving plate.
6. Dust with sieved icing sugar and serve with lemon mascarpone.
Rate This Recipe