- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g fresh cranberries
- 100 g caster sugar
- 125 ml vin santo, or dessert wine
- 4 amaretti biscuits
- 8 small panettone
- 50 g butter, cut into 8 knobs
- 300 ml double cream
- 25 g icing sugar
- extra icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
2. Put the cranberries into a pan with the caster sugar and vin santo. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the cranberries are tender.
3. Crush the amaretti biscuits and stir into the cranberries.
4. Quarter all the panettone, cutting down from the top but not all the way through. Put a knob of butter into each panettone and close up again. Arrange panettone on a large baking tray and bake for 3-5 minutes.
5. Whisk the cream and icing sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
6. To serve, put all the components in large serving bowls for your guests to assemble themselves. The warm panettone should be open-end up and filled with cream and then topped with cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with icing sugar as the final touch.
Rate This Recipe