- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes Plus 2 hrs setting
- Effort: easy
- 300 ml cream
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 1 leaf gelatine
- raspberries, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
panna cotta should be quite soft and wobbly in consistency, but if you like you can turn it out - just oil the ramekin before you fill it with the mixture.
If you want a slightly lighter panna cotta, use half milk : half cream or ¾ cream : ¼ milk.
1. Put the cream, sugar and vanilla pod in a saucepan and slowly bring up to a simmer. Turn off the heat and leave to infuse.
2. Meanwhile put the gelatine leaf into a bowl of water. After 3-4 minutes it will have softened completely. At that point, take it out of the water and put into the saucepan with the hot cream.
3. Whisk gently until the gelatine dissolves, if the cream has cooled down too much you might need to reheat it slightly with the gelatine.
4. Pour into little ramekins, pretty glasses, little cups or whatever you fancy. Leave for 2 hours in the fridge to set. Serve with raspberries or some gorgeous sweet strawberries.
Rate This Recipe