- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus setting time
- Effort: medium
For Panna Cotta:
- 1.2 litres double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, plit
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 leaves of gelatine
- 150 ml milk
- 150 g icing sugar
For the Rhubarb Compote:
- 250 g rhubarb, prepared and roughly chopped
- 100 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- fresh mint, to decorate
1. Pour 850ml cream into a pan; add the vanilla pod and lemon rind. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced by one third.
2. Strain the cream to remove the lemon zest and vanilla pod. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod and add to the cream.
3. Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in the cold milk until soft. Remove the gelatine and heat the milk until boiling. Return the gelatine to the boiled milk and stir until completely dissolved. Pour the milk into the hot cream through a sieve. Leave to cool.
4. Lightly whip the remaining cream with the icing sugar. Fold into the cooled cooked cream. Pour the mixture into the prepared moulds and leave to set for 2 hours.
5. To make the rhubarb compote, simply place the rhubarb, sugar and the vanilla pod previously used for the Panna Cotta into a non-reactive saucepan with the water and simmer for 10 minutes, until very soft. Leave to cool.
6. To serve, place a Panna Cotta on each of 6 pretty serving plates and add a spoonful of the compote at the side. Decorate with a small sprig of mint and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe