- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 4 hours cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 310 ml skimmed milk
- 1 vanilla beans, split lenghtwise
- 2 tsp powder gelatine
- 2x200 g pots of diet vanilla yogurt
- 425 g can of pitted black cherries
- ½ cinnamon sticks
1. Lightly spray four 185ml capacity metal moulds or ramekins with oil. Place milk in a small saucepan. Use a sharp knife to scrape the vanilla seeds into the milk, then discard the bean. Bring the milk mixture to the boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over milk mixture and whisk until gelatine dissolves. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cool to room temperature.
3. Add diet vanilla yogurt to the milk mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour into prepared moulds and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
4. Place the cherries (including juice) and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until cold.
5. To serve, dip each mould briefly in hot water and turn out panna cotta onto serving plates. Serve panna cotta with the poached cherries.
Rate This Recipe