- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1/2 quantity bruschetta
- 500 g over-ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 small bunch basil leaves, picked
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- handful wide-leaf rocket
1. Pull the prepared bruschetta into chunks or large pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Halve the tomatoes and squeeze the seeds and juice through a sieve into a separate bowl. Discard the seeds and keep the juice for the dressing. Break up the tomatoes.
3. Rip half the basil into a mortar, along with the garlic and a good pinch of salt. Pound to a pulp.
4. Add the red wine vinegar and reserved tomato juice. Gradually add the olive oil and adjust the seasoning.
5. Combine the broken bread with the broken tomatoes, then add the basil dressing and squeeze together to combine all the flavours. To finish, add the rocket and remaining basil leaves, and toss together. Serve straightaway.
Rate This Recipe