- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 red peppers
- 5 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 1 small loaf country bread, sliced
- handfuls frisée lettuce
- handfuls large leaves radicchio
- handfuls rocket
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 large red onion
- 1 x 250 jar avocados, in oilquartered
- 12 small quail's eggs, boiled, peeled
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tomatoes
- 10 basil
- 8 tinned anchovies
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 g goats' cheese, crumbled
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
2. Rub the peppers with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and arrange in a roasting tin. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until blackened all over.
3. Remove from the oven, tip into a large bowl and cover with plastic food wrap. Leave the peppers to cool and the skin will easily separate from the flesh.
4. In the meantime, arrange the bread slices in the roasting tin and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
5. In a large bowl, combine the salad leaves, cucumber, onions, artichokes, quail's eggs, capers, tomatoes, basil, anchovies and goat's cheese.
6. Dress with the vinegar and the remaining extra virgin olive oil, and season with sugar, salt and pepper.
7. Remove the skin and seeds from the roasted peppers and cut the flesh into strips. Tip into the salad along with the warm bread. Give everything a good stir and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe