- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr freezing
- Effort: easy
For the parfait
- 2 papaya, skins and seeds removed
- 50 ml orange liqueur
- 2 eggs, separated
- 125 g caster sugar
- 115 ml double cream
- 150 g raspberries
- sliced papaya
- raspberry sauce
1. Put the papaya in an electric blender with the orange liqueur. Puree until smooth.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar with 3 tablespoons of papaya puree - it should be light and fluffy.
3. Place the bowl with the mousse over a pan of simmering water and whisk for a further 8-10 minutes until the eggs are pale and the mixture has doubled in volume.
4. Leave to cool slightly, before stirring in the remaining papaya puree.
5. Whisk the cream until thickened and fold into the puree.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peak stage, and fold into the mousse.
7. Brush a loaf tin with vegetable oil and line with cling film.
8. Place the raspberries in the bottom of a loaf tin, and pour over the papaya mousse mixture.
9. Tap the tin down on the work surface - this gets rid of any air bubbles. Freeze for 2 hours, until it firms up.
10. To serve, remove the parfait from the freezer about 15 minutes before needed. Turn out from the mould and serve with a swirl of raspberry sauce and a few thin papaya slices.
Rate This Recipe