- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- 100 g cubed pancetta
- 150 g fresh dried porcini, sliced
- 350 g minced venison
- 125 ml dry red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 350 g pappardelle pasta
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- salt and black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Tip in the onion and pancetta and fry until crisp.
2. Stir in the mushroom and cook for no longer than a minute. Add the venison mince, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until the meat changes colour. Add the wine, stir well and simmer until it has evaporated - about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the puree and marscapone cheese. Cook on a low heat for a further 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water, according to packet instructions, until al dente.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve right away.
Rate This Recipe