- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 15 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml groundnut oil
- 55 g smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground white pepper
- 6 French-trimmed lamb cutlets, trimmed of fat and with the chop bones cleaned
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 55 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 g crème fraiche or plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp warm honey
1. In a small bowl mix together the oil, paprika, salt and white pepper, making a smooth paste.
2. Coat the lamb chops thoroughly with the paprika paste and marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat a griddle or non-stick frying pan and sear the lamb chops for 3 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm until serving.
4. In a heavy-based frying pan heat the butter until lightly brown. Add the brown sugar then the apple slices. Stir-fry over high heat until the apple is heated through. Add the celery seeds and white wine vinegar and mix well.
5. To serve, arrange the apple kraut on a serving plate and top with the lamb chops. Garnish with crème fraiche and drizzle with warm honey. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe