- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.1666666666666667 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 3 hrs marinating (or overnight)
- Effort: easy
- 1 small Savoy cabbage
- 250 ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spicy sausages, such as German wurst
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp mild paprika
- 1 waxy potato, roughly diced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1. Remove the tough outer leaves of the cabbage. Core and shred it and place in a large bowl.
2. Mix the vinegar, salt, pepper and caraway together and pour the mixture over the cabbage. Leave to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages, onions and paprika, until the onions are tender. Add the potato.
4. Stir in the cabbage and just enough off the marinade to cover. Cover and cook for about 1 hour.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the raw pepper (to add a little crunch) and serve.
Rate This Recipe