- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g long grain rice
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
- 1 tsp powdered vegetable stock, plus an extra pinch
- 12 scallops
- 12 small fresh sage leaves
- 6 slices Parma ham, cut in half
- 25 g butter
- 3 tbsp marsala
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, thyme, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Take care that you dont overcook the scallops too long and they will be tough. For a smart starter, just serve the scallops without the rice, garnished with a few rocket leaves or watercress.
1. Put the rice on to cook in plenty of boiling water, adding the lemon zest and one teaspoon stock powder to flavour it. Cook until tender about 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place a sage leaf on top of each scallop and wrap half a slice of Parma Ham around each one.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the parma ham-wrapped scallops, cooking them for about two minutes before turning them over to cook the other side. Add the marsala, two tablespoons of hot water and the pinch of stock powder. Simmer for two or three minutes to reduce the liquid a little.
4. Drain the cooked rice and stir through the chopped herbs. Serve with the scallops, along with the cooking juices.
Rate This Recipe