- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 ml milk
- 300 g coarse polenta, (not quick cook)
- 100 g butter
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan
Tips and Suggestions
You can leave this soft polenta recipe to set, then cut it into slices and grill or fry it.
If youre really pushed for time, you can use instant polenta, which will take half the time to cook.
1. Put the milk in a large heavy-based pan with 1.2 litres of water and 1 tsp salt. Bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, fold a large piece of baking parchment in half, then open it out on a flat surface. Place the polenta flour on it and gather up the sides so that you form a sort of chute. This will enable you to pour the polenta into the water quickly in one even stream
3. When the liquid is boiling, quickly pour in the polenta flour, whisking vigorously with a balloon whisk as you do so. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring constantly. The polenta should begin to come away from the sides of the pan when it is cooked.
4. Put the polenta into the serving dish and dot with the butter. Sprinkle over the grated parmesan and serve whilst warm.
Rate This Recipe