- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g parmesan, coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 50 g butter
- 50 ml milk
- 1 black or white truffle
1. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Beat the cheese, flour, egg whites and olive oil together in a large bowl until the mixture is almost white.
2. Spread the mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet to form circles about 6cm in diameter. Bake for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack - the tuiles will crisp up when cold.
3. Cook the potatoes in plenty of salted boiling water until soft. Drain and mash well. Stir in the butter and milk.
4. To serve, slice the truffle thinly on to the mashed potato and serve with the Parmesan tuiles.
Rate This Recipe