- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme, finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 marrow, chopped into half moons
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh sardines, gutted
- 100 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 slices of pancetta
- 25 g butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Mix together the garlic, thyme, rosemary and shallots with the marrow.
3. Place in an ovenproof dish, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and roast until the marrow is soft, around 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, season the sardines with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix together the olives and parsley and stuff the sardines with the olive mixture.
5. Wrap each sardine in 2 slices of pancetta. Dot with butter and brush with the remaining olive oil.
6. Preheat the grill.
7. Grill the stuffed sardines for 4 minutes on each side.
8. Serve the freshly grilled sardines with the roast marrow.
Rate This Recipe