- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 45 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander or parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1200 ml vegetable stock
- 115 g ground almonds
- 500 ml milk
- 01 lemons, grated zest and juice
- black pepper
- finely chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add in the onion and fry gently until softened but not coloured, around 3 minutes.
3. Add in the parsnip, coriander and ground cumin, mixing well.
4. Add in the stock.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce the het and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the parsnips are tender.
6. Puree the parsnip soupuntil smooth, using a jug or hand blender.
7. Return the pureed soup to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
8. Add in the ground alm onds and milk and mix in. Gently heat through.
9. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
10. Sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley, then serve.
Rate This Recipe