- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 partridge breasts
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 banana shallot, or 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150 g arborio risotto rice
- 50 ml white wine
- 2 confit partridge legs, meat flaked off the bone
- 500 ml chicken stock, (home-made or shop-bought)
- 10g shaved pecorino cheese
- 30 g butter
- 10 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Season the partridge breasts with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the partridge until browned on all sides.
3. Transfer the partridge to a roasting tray and roast for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring the stock to a simmer in a saucepan.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil in a separate heavy-based saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic and fry gently until softened, around 10 minutes.
6. Add the rice and mix well.
7. Add the wine and cook briskly, stirring, until the wine has evaporated. Mix in the flaked confit partridge leg meat.
8. Add 50ml of simmering stock to the rice and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring often, until the stock has evaporated. Continue the process of adding in the stock 50ml at a time and cooking it off, until most or all of the stock has been used and the rice is al dente.
9. Once the rice is al dente stir in the grated Pecorino.
10. Remove the risotto from the heat and mix in the butter and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
11. Cut the partridge breasts into slices.
12. Top the risotto with slices of roast partridge and garnish with shaving of Pecorino.
Rate This Recipe