- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 oven-ready partridges, legs still in tact
- vegetable oil
- knobs of butter
- 6 Williams pears, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 1 pinches sugar
- 2 kg parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 handfuls sprig thyme
- fresh foie gras, diced to the same size as the parsnips
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Clean and prepare the partridge for roasting by wrapping the legs tightly together with string. Season with salt and pepper and brown on all sides in a hot frying pan.
3. Put a little vegetable oil and 4 knobs of butter in a roasting tin and sit the partridge on top. Roast for 7-8 minutes.
4. To make the pear purée, put the pears in pan with lemon juice, vanilla and sugar to taste. Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat until soft. Blend until smooth.
5. Fry the parsnips in a little butter with some fresh thyme. When the parsnips are golden brown, add the fresh foie gras and season. Cook until just golden then drizzle over the balsamic vinegar. Drain off any excess fat.
6. Serve the roasted partridge with the parsnips and foie gras and the pear purée drizzled over.
Rate This Recipe