- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 partridge, legs and breasts only, bones removed
- 2 rasherssmoked streaky bacon, diced
- 1 small banana shallot, or pink onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels removed when raw
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- 1 small baby gem lettuce, leaves shredded
1. Season the partridge breasts and legs.
2. Put the legs skin side down into a hot frying pan with a little oil and cook over a medium heat until browned, then turn over and brown the other side.
3. In a separate frying pan, cook the bacon, onion and garlic gently for 2 minutes.
4. Once the partridge legs are coloured on both sides, add the breasts skin side down to the pan. Brown, the turn over. Add a knob of butter and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the corn kernels to the pan with the bacon along with the stock and a large knob of butter. Stir and cook until the sweetcorn is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
6. Remove the partridge legs from the pan and leave to rest. Baste the breasts with more butter.
7. Once the sweetcorn is cooked, add the lettuce and mix well. Cook for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
8. Remove the partridge breast from the heat and allow to rest for 1 minute.
9. Spoon the sweetcorn onto a warm plate and put the breasts and legs on top.
Rate This Recipe