- Serves: 8-12
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 12 hrs refrigeration
- Effort: easy
- 675 g curd cheese
- 100 g blanched almonds, chopped
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g raisins
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 150 ml double cream
- 115 g soft unsalted butter
- 500 g frozen summer fruits, thawed
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp brandy
1. In a large mixing bowl mix together the curd cheese, almonds, chocolate, vanilla extract and raisins together.
2. In a small bowl cream the egg yolks with the caster sugar until light and creamy and beat in the butter.
3. In a bowl lightly whip the double cream. Add the creamed yolk mixture and the double cream to the cheese mixture and fold together thoroughly.
4. For a mould, line a clean flower-pot with muslin or a clean J-cloth. Transfer the mixture into the prepared mould. Fold the excess muslin over the top, cover with a plate and weigh the plate down with any thing heavy (such as a tin of beans).
5. Chill the paskha in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours, standing the pot on a dish so that any excess liquid drains away.
6. To serve, place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Heat gently until warmed through.
7. Turn the paskha out in the centre of a large serving dish and spoon over the berry sauce. Serve at once
Rate This Recipe