- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 lemon or plain shortbread, biscuitscrumbled
- 100 ml champagne
- 100 g strawberries, sliced, 4 whole ones reserved
- 250 g mascarpone
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 4 passion fruit, pulp scooped out and reserved
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- leaves basil
1. Place a little of the crumbled shortbread in the bottom of four serving glasses and moisten with some of the champagne.
2. Top with a layer of sliced strawberries.
3. Place the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar in a bowl. Add in most of the remaining champagne and the passion fruit pulp and mix well.
4. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the passion fruit mixture adding the remaining champagne to loosen it a little.
5. Place a spoon of the passion fruit mixture in each glass and top with another layer of crumbled shortbread, then strawberries.
6. Spoon the remaining passion fruit mixture into the glasses and scatter with the toasted almonds.
7. Garnish each portion with a sprig of basil and a strawberry and serve.
Rate This Recipe