- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 passion fruit
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 3 eggs, separated
- 90 g caster sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 16 amaretti biscuits
1. Cut 4 passion fruit in half, scoop out the pulp with a teaspoon and push through a fine sieve. This juice will be used in making the mousse.
2. Remove the pulp from the remaining passion fruit; reserve the seeds and pulp in a small bowl. This will be used for layering the mousse.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, combine the strained juice with the lemon juice, egg yolks and sugar.
3. Sit the bowl over a pan of boiling water and whisk for 8-10 minutes, until the mixture thickens and becomes mousse-like. Remove from the heat and leave the mousse mixture to cool.
4. Whisk the cream until lightly whipped, and fold into the cooled fruit mixture with a large metal spoon.
5. Whisk the egg whites to soft peak stage, and fold into the passion fruit mixture.
6. Crumble the Amaretti biscuits, and divide between 4 dessert wine glasses.
7. Half fill the wine glasses with the mousse mixture. Spoon over half the reserved passion fruit pulp.
8. Sprinkle over more crumbled Amaretti biscuits, and cover with the remaining mousse. Finish with a layer of passion fruit pulp. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Rate This Recipe