- Serves: 10
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the cake
- 3 passion fruit
- 140 g caster sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil, or sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml full fat yogurt
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40 g ground almonds
- 1 small lemon, zested (or 1 lime, zested)
For the glaze
- 2 fresh passionfruit
- 100 g icing sugar
1. For the cake: Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Press the passion fruit pulp through a sieve, retaining the juice and retaining some of the seeds for decoration.
3. Place the sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt and passion fruit juice into a bowl and whisk until combined.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Add the ground almonds and zest. Beat until all the ingredients are combined then pour into the loaf tin.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a metal skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean and the cake begins to come away from the sides of the tin. Remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
6. For the glaze: Press the passion fruit pulp through a sieve to strain. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the strained juice. Stir until smooth and spread over the top of the loaf cake.
Love baking? Take a look at our easy cake recipes
Rate This Recipe