- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus 4-5 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
For the cheesecake
- 75 g butter
- 150 g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 650 g cream cheese
- 600 ml double cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g passion fruit purée
For the glaze
- 50 ml water
- 25 g sugar
- 50 ml passion fruit purée
- 2 leaves gelatine, soaked in cold water
- 1 passion fruit
1. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs.
2. Line the bottom of the tin evenly with the biscuit mixture, pressing down firmly to make a sealed base. Chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
3. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and sugar.
4. Spread a third of the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base, add 2 tablespoons of passion-fruit and swirl around with the tip of a knife.
5. Repeat with another third of the cream cheese mixture and another 2 tablespoons of passion-fruit puree, and then a third time with the remainder.
6. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
7. For the glaze, heat the water in a saucepan, tip in the sugar to dissolve and simmer for 1-2 minutes, until the syrup cooks down to 2 tablespoons.
8. Stir in the passion-fruit puree. Bring to a simmer, add the drained gelatine and stir to dissolve.
9. Leave the glaze to cool slightly. With a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp of the passion fruit and add this to the glaze.
10. Pour the glaze over the chilled cheese cake and chill until set.
11. Remove from the cake tin and serve. You may need to gently loosen the glaze from the edge of the tin with the tip of a knife.
Rate This Recipe