- Serves: Makes around 350ml passion fruit curd
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 5 large egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 110 ml strained fresh passion fruit juice
- 125 g unsalted butter
1. Whisk the egg yolks and castor sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the passionfruit juice, then suspend the bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Add the cold butter piece by piece, allowing each piece to incorporate before stirring in the next.
4. The mixture should have become thicker by the time the last piece of butter has been added.
5. Remove the bowl from the heat and stand it over ice to cool.
6. Store the curd in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Rate This Recipe