- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 8 passion fruit
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 25 g pistachio nuts, shelled and ground or finely chopped
For the rosewater biscuits:
- 125 g plain flour, sifted
- 15 g cornflour
- 100 g butter, diced
- 50 g icing sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- 20 ml rose water
1. Cut the tops off the passion fruit and spoon out the flesh. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add the sugar to the passion fruit.
2. Whip the cream until stiff and fold the passion fruit puree into it. Divide between 4 dessert glasses, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. While the passion fruit fools are chilling, make the rosewater biscuits. Put the flour, cornflour and butter into a food processor. Blend until combined.
4. Add 50g icing sugar and rosewater and blend briefly. Knead the dough, wrap in cling film and chill for half an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Roll out the biscuit dough and cut out rounds using a 5cm round biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until pale gold. Remove, allow to harden, cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
7. To serve, dust the biscuits with remaining icing sugar. Sprinkle the ground pistachio nuts over each fool and serve with the rosewater biscuits.
Rate This Recipe