- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hours freezing
- Effort: medium
- 170 ml passion fruit purée
- 175 g sugar
- 260 ml whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 blocks (min 60% cocoa) dark chocolate, scraped into shavings & frozen
- 4 passion fruit, to serve
1. Sweeten the passion fruit puree with 50g of the sugar. Place in a saucepan and reduce by ¼ or until the flavour is concentrated. Set aside to cool.
2. Mix the remaining sugar with enough water to cover in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook until the temperature reaches 118C on a sugar thermometer. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile start whisking the yolks slowly in a mixer. Gradually add the boiled sugar to the egg yolks and whisk on full speed until cool.
4. Add the reduced passion fruit mixture.
5. Softly whip the cream, then add half to the eggs and whisk in.
6. Fold in the rest of the cream and pipe into round moulds approx 5cm in diameter
7. Freeze until firm (approx 24hrs).
8. To serve, remove from freezer and demould onto individual plates. Scoop out the passion fruits and spread over the top of the parfait. Sprinkle with the chocolate scrapings.
Rate This Recipe