- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 8 egg whites
- 350 g caster sugar
- ï¿½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 400 ml low-fat Greek yogurt
- 6 passion fruit, halved
Tips and Suggestions
If you have a gas oven or an electric one with a minimum temperature higher than 70°C, turn off the oven at step 6 and leave the meringue in the oven with the door closed.
1. Preheat the oven to 110°C/gas ¼.
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment.
3. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add half the caster sugar and beat until shiny. Add the remaining sugar and beat for a further 2-3 minutes until you have stiff peaks.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of tartar, cornflour, vinegar and water. Fold gently into the meringue using a large metal spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray, dividing it into four separate circular mounds. Make a slight hollow in the middle of each mound.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Lower the temperature to 70°C and leave for a further hour.
7. Meanwhile, sift the icing sugar into the Greek yogurt and beat until smooth. Stir in the pulp from two of the passion fruit. Cover and chill until required.
8. Remove the meringues from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
9. When ready to serve, place the meringues on serving plates. Spoon the yogurt mixture onto each and drizzle with the pulp of the remaining passion fruit.
Rate This Recipe