- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 ml single cream
- 80 g ripe gorgonzola cheese
- 80 g fontina cheese
- 90 g groviera or emmental cheese
- 80 g parmigiano reggiano
- 100 ml milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- small truffles, (optional)
- 400 g short pasta, such as eliche, rigatoni, gnocchi, farfalle or sedani
1. Pour the cream into a heatproof bowl. Peel or trim the rind from all the cheeses and cut the body into cubes, adding them to the cream.
2. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt the cheese into the cream, stirring gently and frequently.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta until al dente.
4. When the cheese is all melted, take it off the heat and stir in the milk to make the texture easier to distribute through the pasta. Add some freshly ground black pepper and mix in the egg yolks.
5. Drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pot in which it was cooked to retain the heat. Pour in the sauce and mix it all together thoroughly.
6. Transfer the coated pasta to a warmed serving dish. Quickly shave over the truffle (if using) and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe