- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g dried borlotti or cannellini beans, soaked overnight (or you can use tinned)
- 250 g short pasta
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 handfuls leaves basil
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. If using dried soaked beans, rinse them well place them in a saucepan and add water to cover. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes and then turn down the heat. Simmer for a further two hours or until tender, topping up with water if necessary. Drain the cooked beans and set aside.
2. Pour the stock into a saucepan and add the cooked beans, oil, tomatoes, celery leaves, onion, garlic and herbs. Place the lid on the saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cook the pasta until al dente, following the instructions on the packet. Drain well and stir into the bean mixture.
4. Divide the soup between four soup bowls and garnish with a little freshly grated Parmesan, a good grinding of black pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe