- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g fettuccine, or thick pasta
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 ml single cream, or pouring cream
- 25 g finely grated parmesan
- 4-6 slices prosciutto
- Extra finely grated parmesan, to serve
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, return to the pan and place over low heat.
2. Add the egg yolks, cream, parmesan, a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper and stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and coated the pasta. Place on serving plates and top with torn pieces of prosciutto. Sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe