- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g pasta
- 320 g tinned tuna, in olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed, but left whole
- 16 large green olives, finely sliced
- 1 oranges, zest, cut into fine strips, and juice
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 pinches black pepper, to taste
- 1 dashes of extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water to boil and cook the pasta until 'al dente'.
2. For the sauce, drain the olive oil from the tinned tuna into a saucepan, and heat. Add the garlic, and fry until golden-brown, before removing from the pan and discarding. Leave the flavoured oil in the pan, toss in the olives and fry for one minute.
3. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the olives. Stir in the orange juice and tuna. Remove from the heat and mix in the orange segments and zest. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. 4. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe