- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hr resting time
- Effort: easy
- 140 g 00 grade '00' flour
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
1. Place the flour in a food processor with the egg and egg yolk and keep whizzing until the mixture resembles fine but sticky breadcrumbs. Add a little water as necessary.
2. Tip the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead into a ball. Continue to knead for 1 minute; the dough should be quite stiff. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in a cool place for 1 hour before rolling out.
3. Cut the dough into 2 pieces. Flatten each piece with a rolling pin and roll out to a thickness of about 5mm.
4. Fold over the dough. Set a pasta machine to its widest setting and pass the dough through the machine 7 times, refolding after each pass. The dough should form a rectangular shape about 7.5 x 18cm in size. It is important to work the dough until smooth and shiny, as this gives it the 'al dente' texture when cooked.
5. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
6. To roll out the pasta, set the rollers on the pasta machine to their widest setting. Pass the dough through the rollers. Do not fold the dough.
7. Repeat this process, decreasing the roller setting a notch at a time with each pass.
8. When the pasta has been rolled though the penultimate setting, it is ready to use as required.
Rate This Recipe