- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 100 g prosciutto, or salami, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 head celery, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 600 ml water
- 300 g tomato purée
- 300 g spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 125 g pecorino cheese, chopped
- 125 g parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated
1. Heat up extra virgin oil in a deep saucepan. Add prosciutto or salami and cook until crisp.
2. To make the soffritto, add the onion, celery, carrot and chilli, then season with salt and black pepper. Sauté until the onion becomes soft, then add the potatoes and stir to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
3. Add water and tomato purée. Add spaghetti to the pot. Mix together well and add pecorino cheese.
4. Add some extra water, a little at a time periodically if needed and cook for a few minutes until the soup is creamy and thickened.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmigiano cheese. Allow to cool and thicken, Serve at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe