- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g macaroni, (dry weight)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped or sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh or dried basil
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 small courgettes, sliced
- 200 g broad beans, fresh, frozen or canned (rinsed)
- 125 ml vegetable stock, made from ½ low-salt stock cube
- 25 g parmesan, grated
Tips and Suggestions
Always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start.
If you are not going to eat all of the dish the leftovers should be cooled within 1-2 hours and placed in the fridge (for up to 2 days) or frozen.
When reheating always make sure that the dish is steaming hot all the way through before serving, never re-heat food more than once.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
2. Cook the macaroni according to the instructions and drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic slowly until it's tender and golden.
3. Stir in the herbs, tomatoes, courgettes, beans, stock and seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Combine the pasta and vegetables. Place in a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top then cover and cook for 30-35 minutes.
Nutritional information per portion (386g)
Energy 302 kcal (1268 kJ)
(of which sugars) 7.1g
Fat, total 11.2g
(of which saturates) 3.6g
Traffic lights per portion (386g)
Fat: Green (low)
Saturated: Green (low)
Sugars: Green (low)
Salt: Green (low)
Contains: wheat (gluten), milk. Pasta may contain egg. Stock cubes may contain wheat (gluten) and/or celery.
Rate This Recipe