- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 heads broccoli, , cut into small florets
- 350 g pasta, spirals
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, , finely chopped
- 1 banana shallot, , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, , finely chopped
- 1 sprigs rosemary, , leaves only, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp pine kernels, , toasted
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp parmesan, , freshly grated
1. Cook the broccoli in a large pan of boiling water for 2 ' 3 minutes then add the pasta and cook for 12 minutes or so until the pasta is cooked and the broccoli is very soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon, shallot, garlic and rosemary for 5 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
3. Drain the pasta and broccoli quite loosely ' keeping it quite wet is the key to this dish - you'll need a fine sieve inside the colander or you'll lose a lot of the broccoli. Return to the pan and add the bacon mixture. Stir well so the broccoli breaks up and coats the pasta.
4. Add the toasted pinenuts, half of the cheese and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well together then divide between bowls and pass round the parmesan for sprinkling over.
Rate This Recipe