- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ small dried chillies, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cavolo nero, lightly steamed and shredded finely
- a handful of small cherry tomatoes
- sea salt
- 400 g orecchiette pasta
- 50 g pecorino cheese, freshly grated
For the winter salad:
- 4 handfuls of lamb's lettuce
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp honey
1. To make the pasta, fry the garlic and chilli together in a large frying pan (large enough to take all the cooked pasta) with the olive oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add in the cavolo nero and tomatoes. Stir together thoroughly.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the orecchiette until tender, around 10-15 minutes.
4. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the cavolo nero mixture and mix it all together thoroughly, adding a little of the pasta water and a little extra oil for moisture.
6. Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Pecorino and a final drizzle of oil.
7. To follow the pasta, make the winter salad, mix together the lamb's lettuce, carrot, orange juice and honey and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe