- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 700 g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped (or use 800g tinned tomatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 pinches fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 225 g chorizo sausages, or kabanossi sausage, cut into ½cm slices
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 175 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 500 g penne, or use rigatoni or farfalle
- 50 g parmesan, grated
Tips and Suggestions
If you need to cook the pasta slightly ahead of time, keep a good glug of olive oil and about 50ml of the pasta cooking water in with the pasta.
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, and add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and rosemary. Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and the sugar (the sugar will help bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes).
2. Cook for about five minutes, until the tomatoes have just begun to soften.
3. Add the sausage to the pan with the chilli flakes, cream and half the chopped parsley. Simmer until the mixture has reduced by half, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, as necessary.
4. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, until al dente. Drain and toss with the sauce.
5. Transfer the pasta to a large heated serving bowl and scatter with the grated Parmesan cheese and the remaining parsley.
Rate This Recipe