- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 4 large plum tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish (optional)
1. Cut the potatoes into 1½cm square cubes. Cook in boiling, salted water over medium heat until just done, but with a slight bite. Drain well.
2. Place the tomatoes, chilli, garlic and a little olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth. With the blender running, gradually add more olive oil until the mixture has the consistency of mayonnaise. Season generously.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, and brown the potatoes, stirring from time to time.
4. Meanwhile, pour the tomato dressing into a small saucepan and warm gently over medium-low heat.
5. Tip the potatoes into a serving dish and spoon the dressing over them. Sprinkle, if you like, with toasted sesame seeds for added crunch and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe