- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly chopped
- pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 450 g canned chopped tomatoes, drained, deseeded and roughly chopped
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium, heavy-based frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until softened.
2. Add the chilli and paprika to the pan and cook briefly, then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Fry gently until the tomatoes have reduced and thickened.
4. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil for shallow-frying in a separate, medium, heavy-based frying pan. Add the potato chunks and fry until crisp and golden on all sides.
5. Remove and drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt. Serve at once with the tomato sauce.
Rate This Recipe