- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the spiced yogurt
- 200 ml natural yogurt
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- pinches chilli powder
For the samosas
- 200 g cooked potatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 g peas
- 8 asparagus
- 250 g brussels sprouts, cooked, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 x 250 g packet spring roll wrappers, ready-rolled
1. Combine all the ingredients for the spiced yogurt in a bowl. Cover and set aside in a cool place, until ready to serve.
2. To make the samosas, combine the potatoes, peas, asparagus, sprouts, curry powder, coriander, chilli and salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Cut the pastry sheets widthways in half, and moisten the edges with water.
4. Spoon a small amount of the mixture on to the top left hand corner of the pastry, fold the bottom right corner over to make a triangle and keep folding into triangles, about 3 times, until the parcel is sealed.
5. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or wok and when hot, fry the samosas in batches, until golden.
6. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot, with the spiced yogurt.
Rate This Recipe