- Serves: 5-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 75 g onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 2 cm cube ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tbsp fresh, green coriander, chopped
- 0.5 hot green chillies
- 275 g shelled peas, fresh or frozen
- 0.75 tsp salt, (more if the stock is unsalted)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- 150 ml double cream
1. Combine the potatoes, onions, chicken stock, ginger, ground coriander and ground cumin in a pan and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Fish out the cube of ginger and discard it. Add the fresh coriander, green chilli, peas, salt, lemon juice and ground, roasted cumin seeds.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until the peas are just tender. Empty the soup into the container of an electric blender in 2 or 3 batches and blend until it is smooth. Put the soup into a clean pan. Add the cream and bring to a simmer to heat through.
Rate This Recipe