- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 g courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 350 g fresh peas
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 20 g fine white breadcrumbs
- 3 medium eggs
- 100 ml double cream
- 40 g finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- butter, for greasing
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, season and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft and golden.
2. Add the courgettes and garlic, and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until the courgettes have wilted and all the liquid has evaporated.
3. Stir in the peas and herbs and cook for a further 2 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Butter 4 x 200ml capacity ramekins and line the bottoms with discs of baking parchment. Coat the sides well with the breadcrumbs.
5. Lightly beat the eggs and cream together and stir in the Parmesan. Season and add the cayenne pepper. Tip the courgette mixture into the eggs and carefully spoon into the ramekins.
6. Place the ramekins into a roasting dish and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, until golden and firm.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
9. Run the tip of a sharp knife around the edge of each timbale and turn them out onto a plate. Using another plate, turn them over again so they are right-side-up. Serve warm with a green salad.
Rate This Recipe