- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the soup
- 50 g butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 eating apples
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 500 g peas
- 1.2 litres good chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 2 handfuls mint, chopped
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 1 apple
- squeeze lemon juice
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the chopped apple and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the curry powder, peas and stock.
4. Stir in half of the mint and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the soup to cool.
6. Add the remaining mint to the cooled soup, transfer to a blender and liquidize. For a really velvety texture, pour the liquidized soup through a sieve.
7. Serve the soup chilled or reheat gently to serve hot. Garnish with thinly sliced apples that have been lightly brushed with lemon juice.
Rate This Recipe