- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 225 g ricotta cheese
- 400 ml single cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- black pepper
- 200 g shelled fresh garden peas
- 1 blind-baked shortcrust pastry tart cases
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the ricotta cheese and cream until thoroughly mixed.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
4. Mix in the Parmesan and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Sprinkle 100 grams of peas into the blind-baked flan case. Pour over the ricotta mixture, spreading evenly to the edges of the pastry case.
6. Sprinkle the remaining peas evenly over the ricotta mixture.
7. Bake the quiche for 40 minutes until golden brown and set. Serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe