- Serves: 4 crostini
- Effort: easy
- 100 g peas, frozen or fresh
- 4 slices pancetta or streaky bacon
- 50 g pecorino cheese, grated
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 4 slices ciabatta
- 2 tbsp goat's curd or soft, mild goats' cheese
- 4 sprigs sprigs parsley or 4 mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the peas for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Heat the grill to high and grill the pancetta until crisp on both sides.
3. Tip the peas into a bowl with the pecorino, mint and olive oil. Lightly mash together to a rough purée then season with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and black pepper.
4. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and griddle the ciabatta until crisp and golden on both sides. Drizzle with a little olive oil then spread with the goats' curd.
5. Top each with some of the pea mixture followed by a piece of crisp bacon. Garnish with a sprig of parsley or mint and serve.
Rate This Recipe